Organization of the North Carolina State Bar
Section .1000 Model Bylaws For Use by Judicial District Bars
The members of the district bar shall consist of two classes: active and inactive.
(a) Active members: The active members shall be all persons who, at the time of the adoption of these bylaws or any time thereafter
(1) are active members in good standing with the North Carolina State Bar; and
(2) reside in the judicial district; or
(3) practice in the judicial district and elect to belong to the district bar as provided in G.S. 84-16.
(b) Inactive members: The inactive members shall be all persons, who, at the time of the adoption of these bylaws or at any time thereafter
(1) have been granted voluntary inactive status by the North Carolina State Bar; and
(2) reside in the judicial district; and
(3) elect to participate, but not vote or hold office, in the district bar by giving written notice to the secretary of the district bar.
History Note: Statutory Authority G.S. 84-18.1; 84-23
Adopted March 7, 1996
THE NORTH CAROLINA STATE BAR
217 E. Edenton Street (27601) • PO Box 25908 • Raleigh, NC 27611-5908 • 919.828.4620
Copyrightę North Carolina State Bar. All rights reserved.