Organization of the North Carolina State Bar
Section .0100 Functions
The North Carolina State Bar shall foster the following purposes, namely:
(1) to cultivate and advance the science of jurisprudence;
(2) to promote reform in the law and in judicial procedure;
(3) to facilitate the administration of justice;
(4) to uphold and elevate the standards of honor, integrity and courtesy in the legal profession;
(5) to encourage higher and better education for membership in the profession;
(6) to promote a spirit of cordiality and unity among the members of the Bar;
(7) to perform all duties imposed by law.
History Note: Statutory Authority G.S. 84-23
Readopted Effective December 8, 1994
THE NORTH CAROLINA STATE BAR
217 E. Edenton Street • PO Box 25908 • Raleigh, NC 27611-5908 • 919.828.4620
Copyrightę North Carolina State Bar. All rights reserved.